What Pets can I Have if I have Allergies?
If you suffer from allergic reactions or you know somebody who does, owning a pet might be challenging. However, below you will find several pet options that can help you choose the right pet for you.
- Poodle: This type of dog is hypoallergenic due to the fact their fur is curly, which prevents the allergens from spreading.
- Maltese: Similarly to the poodle, the Maltese breathes in the allergens but does not spread them.
- Bucharan-Mountain-Dog: This dog is a bit of a wildcard as is considered a hybrid type of dog with a mix of the poodle breed.
- Shih Tzu: Also, another breed similar to the poodle, Shih Tzu has a long coat of hair but does not shed.
- Siberian: This type of cat is known to produce very low levels of the allergen, Fel d 1.
- Donskoy: A unique breed of cats, the Donskoy cat is hairless and therefore harmless for allergic reactions.
- Oriental Shorthair: This type of cats produces low levels of the Fel d 1, making them the go-to choice for allergic persons.
- Cornish Rex: Having an uncommon type of coat, the Cornish Rex cats are the best pet option for persons with allergies.
- Fish: Fish are a great pet option, as they can be cared for in a tank or in a bowl, depending on the size of the fish.
- Hamster: Rodents, such as hamsters, are a great solution for those struggling with allergies, however do require some of the traditional care for a pet.
- Tortoise: That’s right, tortoises don’t trigger allergic reactions, meaning you can take care of your shelled pet.
All of the above options, if taken cared for and groomed properly, can ensure you of a happy and safe pet life.