How to Tell the Difference Between a Ferret and a Mink?
It can be hard to tell the difference between a ferret and a mink. Both furry little animals have the same shape and size, and both are popular pets. If you’re trying to tell the difference between them, there are a few key things you should look for:
- Colour: Ferrets have short fur that is typically brown, black and white, often in a different pattern. Mink have dark fur, usually dark brown, and their fur has a glossy sheen.
- Size: Ferrets are usually a bit larger than mink, and they can reach up to 2 feet in length. Mink are usually a bit smaller, usually around one foot long.
- Tail: Both ferrets and mink have tails, but a ferret’s tail is shorter and fuzzier than a mink’s long and thin tail.
- Nocturnal: Ferrets are very active at night, while mink sleep during the day and forage for food at night.
- Playful: Ferrets have a reputation for being very playful and mischievous, while mink are much calmer and reserved.
- Loud: Ferrets are known for being very vocal and making a lot of noise, while mink are much quieter and only make noise when they feel threatened.
Now that you know the key differences between a ferret and a mink, you’ll be able to easily tell them apart. If you’re ever in doubt, just look at the fur, size, and tail of the animal, and you should be able to make the correct identification.