How to Draw a Ferret
For this tutorial, here are the tools you’ll need:
- Copic Markers
- Start by drawing the basic outline of the ferret’s body. Draw a long, skinny oval shape to serve as the body, then add two circles at the top to represent the arms. Keep the circles close together, almost touching.
- Now, let’s focus on the face. Draw two large almond-shaped eyes, and give the ferret a small triangular snout. Add a few whiskers at the sides of the face, and draw a curved line near the top of the face to indicate the brow.
- Now, draw the ears. Ferrets have large, round ears, so make sure to give them a proper shape. Draw the ears close to the head, one on top and one on the bottom.
- Now, draw the legs. Start by drawing two long straight lines from the body, then add the feet at the end. Make sure to draw the feet pointing outwards, as ferrets do not have opposable thumbs.
- Draw the tail. Ferrets have long, thin tails, so make sure to give it the proper shape. Draw the tail curving out from the body, and then back in towards the end.
- Now, erase the guide lines and you are done. Your ferret is ready to go!
Final Step: Adding the Color
When you are finished, you can use Copic markers or watercolor to add the color to your ferret drawing. Be sure to use the right colors to make the ferret look realistic.
And there you have it, your very own ferret drawing! With a bit of practice, you’ll be an expert in no time. So go ahead, grab your tools and get started!